Thursday 9 August 2012

Daily Outfit: Rule-breaker


Rules are important. I'm a bit of a stick in the mud at the best of times; but when it comes to clothes and how I dress I really do believe that there are rules that should be followed if you want to look well put together. I'm not saying I always follow these rules - hell, if I'd been posting in April this year you would all be asking "Are you shitting me with this? You basically wore pajamas to work!"

However, I do believe in following sartorial rules. For example - I believe you should always have a Belt that matches your Shoes, and where possible your Bag as well. I believe that you should never pair more than two clashing patterns together at once. I believe that you should never tuck a T-shirt in under any circumstances. I also believe that your Cufflinks and Tie-Bar should always match.

But I broke that last rule today:


Today's rebel outfit consisted of:
navy pinstriped Merino wool Blazer – Zegna, thrifted
blue and white micro-stripe Business Shirt – T.M. Lewin, eBay
silver-tone Cufflinks – from my Bride’s-man ensemble
pink and green plaid cotton Necktie – Polo Ralph Lauren, Etsy
goldtone Tie-bar – gifted from my other mother
black leather Belt - JAG
blue/black ARC cut Jeans – G-Star Raw
black distressed leather Shoes – Raphael Steffens



Goldtone Tie-Bar with silvertone Cufflinks - what is this world, or more appropriately, my wardrobe, coming to? As it stands I don't actually own a full set of Cufflinks and Tie-bar that match. I have a passable goldtone set, but they are not identical. This is something I really need to change. I think that I'll set myself the following goal:

By the end of the year I will own a full set of Cufflinks, Tie-bar and Tie-tack in goldtone, silvertone, and one with something gimmicky, like a Lobster.


What sartorial rules do you follow?



Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment