Tuesday 20 May 2014

Daily Outfit: Pleasant Pheasant

I was really unimpressed with all of my thicker neckties, like this thrifted silk number with the pleasant pheasant motif, until my friend and colleague Jarrah taught me how to tie a Windsor knot.


Now that I can do it, I can see the value of a thicker necktie, and it is in fact my default way to tie my neckwear now. It just looks classier than what I was doing, the name for which I don't know.

I'm showcasing the Windsor knot in this daily outfit and wearing:


Undersized textured navy blazer - no label, thrifted
Blue and white tailored floral shirt - Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
Navy silk necktie with pheasant motif - Paul Stuart, thrifted
Gold-tone tie clip - gift
Black leather belt - repurposed from wedding ensemble
Original Riley 3D loose tapered Jeans - G-Star
Blue leather boots - G-Star

This is probably the only corporate look I am wearing this week. I'm not sure why, but all of my outfits turned out really casual for this week. I like the shades of blue in this outfit though, and the hattrick of patterns on my upper-body.


1 comment:

  1. This is a great ensemble, I love everything about it - especially the shirt, blazer and tie...and the pin. Very suave. Lookin' good, bro - H

    ReplyDelete