Friday 23 May 2014

Daily Outfit: Shades of Blue

This daily outfit is another in a series of experiments in my Blue Goth wardrobe. With the exception of some orange accents, everything that I am wearing is in shades of blue.

Which, admittedly, is one of the reasons a colleague asked me which Smurf I was this morning.

My response was Grumpy, which in hindsight was one of the Seven Dwarfs, not one of the Smurfs.

The shades of blue in this daily outfit I’m wearing are:


Navy cotton beanie (not pictured) - ASOS
Navy cotton jacket with crest detail – Ben Sherman, thrifted
Navy slubby cotton scoop-neck t-shirt - FCUK
Molten pendant necklace - AHN
Navy and orange ribbon belt – Polo Ralph Lauren
Indigo wash Riley tapered jeans – G-Star, eBay
Navy and orange Velcro sneakers - Puma

I have to say that I'm really not feeling too limited by my self-imposed divorce from all colours other than blue. Granted, I still have a few orange and white items that I am keeping as accent pieces, but realistically I would say at least 85% of my wardrobe is now in shades of blue. The only areas where I am really lagging is shoes and accessories. I'm hoping to reach my end goal of 90% shades of blue in my wardrobe by December 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment