Tuesday 27 May 2014

Daily Outfit: The Tie That Binds


It is only just starting to dawn on me now, but in 12 sleeps I’m off to Finland for three weeks, with an additional week’s holiday here in Australia when I return – and I won’t need to wear a necktie for that entire period!

It’s not that I don’t enjoy neckties, because I genuinely do.

The issue is that the necktie has come to represent my 8-5, Monday-Friday job which pays my bills and offers me great benefits etc; but which I am actually not even remotely passionate about. It is in many ways the leash with which I’m currently tethered.


I’m trying to make the most of my work outfits until I leave for Finland. For example, in this daily outfit I’m wearing:

Gunmetal blue leather jacket - Zara
Navy cotton tailored shirt – Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
Navy silk necktie with red dots – vintage Louis Feraud, gift
Black leather belt – repurposed from wedding outfit
Riley 3D tapered jeans – G-Star
Blue leather boots – G-Star

The necktie that I am wearing today was a gift from a lovely colleague who left our team this Friday last. I cannot get over how fat this necktie is! It is almost twice the width of my (admittedly very thin) neckties, and very 70’s in style. It’s a beautiful soft silk, and while it is not something that I would have picked for myself, I do like it a lot. Thanks Meg <3

1 comment: