Sunday 4 May 2014

Fashfest 2014: Night Four - The Visionary

It is hard to believe that Fashfest 2014 has drawn to a close.

Tonight was Night Four - The Visionary - and I have to say I can see why every designer who appeared tonight fit under this moniker. The atmosphere was positively thrumming at 3 Molonglo Drive, Brindabella Business Park at Canberra International Airport, and it was such a pleasure to be present to see-out the final night of Canberras most dynamic and exciting fashion event.

The caliber of the designers shown tonight was unbelievable. I've really enjoyed myself every night of Fashfest 2014, but tonight was simply a step above. The passion and raw talent the designers of the seven collections invested in their garments made for a truly electric evening. Of the collections shown tonight, SZN and Corr Blimey were my favourites.

Yasmin Masri X Jets Digital - Well-cut swimwear with interesting prints and accessories.

SZN - Divine denim! Patchwork pieces made from salveged denim, re-worked and given stunning new life. Absolutely stunning work from one of Canberra's most promising designers. 

Karen Lee - Sculptural forms in intriguing fabrics, reminded me of goth cocoons...

All Eyes On UsGreat collection beautiful womenswear. Loved the gold sequined top, and all the embroidered and embellished details.

4 Minutes 33 - a really interesting collection exploring different techniques and experimenting with texture and form. Inspired by Frida Kahlo.

Hijab House - Beautiful fabrics in stunning cuts, perfectly styled. The craftmanship and design behind these beautiful clothes was evident. I loved everything that Hijab House showed - truly a stunning addition to Fashfest.

Corr Blimey - Breathtaking. The Berlin collection was gritty, textural and perfectly refined. This was by-far my favourite collection of the whole festival. 

I'd like to finish with a heartfelt thanks to Clint and Andrea Hutchinson, the founders of Fashfest, and all of their team, for putting together such a fantastic event. I enjoyed myself thoroughly and I am already planning what I will wear to next year's shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment