Saturday 3 May 2014

Fashfest 2014: Night Three - The Philosopher

Night three of Fashfest 2014 - The Philosopher - was a real surprise for me. I went into the night thinking that there really wouldn't be much to interest me, and came away thoroughly surprised. Not only was there menswear that I wasn't expecting, but there was a huge diversity in the styles of the designers that made for a unique and engaging show.

Once again the Fashfest team went above and beyond, providing a world-class event that I know that they are proud of, and with good reason. Everything ran smoothly, everything looked amazing, and the atmosphere never dropped once. Thank you so much for all your amazing work.
Of the eight different collections shown, my personal favourites were Audrey Blue, Zilpah Tart and of course Tuffys and Tuffetts. I’ve tried my best to capture a sense of each collection in a single sentence below:

Zoo X Jets Digital Swimwear- Bold patterns and classic cuts, with a nice appreciation of symmetry and killer makeup looks.

Pure Pod - Textures and colours in dynamic combinations, with the surprising element of showing mens looks as well.

Hanny D Creations - Bold colurs and cuts, with sleek proportions. 

Character - A nice collection that would look great on ladies of any age. Striking colour pallette and a navy-sequined cape that I have my eye on ;) 

Audrey Blue - I'm I'm not mistaken, the Audrey Blue collection was accessories in possum fur - which is AMAZING. The collection was sophisticated and well tailored; but I missed most of it because I was too busy lusting after a possum fur collar!

Zilpah Tart - Feminine and refined, with a lovely colour pallet.

Tuffys and Tuffetts – Fun colours and great cuts - making me feel like I really need to re-vamp my own underwear draw ASAP. Really cool to learn that there is an Australian made and Canberra based company to help me with this.

Sovata - Clearly a crowd favourite. Really interesting draping and awesome use of leather trims and accents. Would love to see a menswear line. Really talented designer.



Tomorrow the catwalk element of Fashfest 2014 wraps-up with Night Four - The Visionary. Once again I'll have more front-row snaps, and next week I'll be doing in-depth reviews of the Menswear collections from Fashfest 2014. However, the fun doesn't end there, as Fashfest 2014 continues this Sunday with Day Five - Shop the Runway at East Hotel, from 11 - 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment