Wednesday 16 July 2014

Daily Outfit: Dressing for War

Today’s daily outfit was an exercise in dressing for war.

Now, I don’t mean to trivialise war or what our service men and women do; I am talking about the sort of personal battles that we each face on a daily basis. Right now my work situation is a bit fraught, and I was feeling like today I might be in something of a firing line. So, being a big believer in dressing to how you feel; today meant dressing for war by armouring myself.

My idea of dressing for war is and always has been strongly influenced by Buffy the Vampire Slayer; and today’s daily outfit has definite Buffy overtones, in my humble opinion. I’m wearing:

Gunmetal blue leather jacket - ZARA
Black and white polyester skull print scarf – designer imposter McQueen, Chinatown
Catholic holy medals necklace with St. Michael and Our Lady – Assembled by me
Black long-sleeved Henley – American Apparel
Black leather belt – repurposed from wedding outfit
Dustman/Slim Jim jeans – Corr Blimey
Black leather military boots - Zu

I wound up having a decent day at work today, and a lovely evening spent with friends, so there was no real reason for me to armour myself as I did. However, I’m still pleased that I did, because it gave me the confidence that I needed throughout the day, and it didn’t look to bad either.


No comments:

Post a Comment