Monday 14 July 2014

Daily Outfit: My Own Sunshine

I decided that I would have to be my own sunshine today, when after a lovely weekend in Sydney with family and friends, I had to get up at 6:00 AM and head to work in the freezing darkness of Canberran winter.

I'm not really a morning person at the best of times, but in winter it is so much harder to get myself going and to crawl out of the warmth of my bed and face the bitter cold mornings. I figured wearing my own sunshine in sweater form might help to make the day pass that little bit quicker.

The sweater I am wearing as my own sunshine in this daily outfit is from ASOS, and has held up surprisingly well for something so cheaply made. It is starting to stretch out a fair bit though. Today I wore it with:

Orange cotton sweater - ASOS
Navy cotton polo shirt - Trenery
Brown leather belt - Sportscraft
Riley 3D tapered jeans, worn to death – G-Star
Leopard print socks - ASOS
Brown leather shoes with cross-hatch pattern – Raphael Steffens

I'm not sure that my own sunshine in sweater form was really that successful, given that I had to scrape ice off my windshield twice this morning, and I even ordered a heat mat for my desk at work today too! However, I really liked today's daily outfit, and I was comfortable the whole day-through.

Also- a huge thanks to Jiawa from Closet Voyage, who took today's outfit snaps for me at VERY short notice :)



No comments:

Post a Comment