Monday 7 July 2014

Daily Outfit: Risky Neon

The more time I spend thinking about my clothes and about style and fashion in general; the more I find I am willing to take risks with what I wear.

This is especially the case when it comes to dressing for work.

Having been away from the corporate work environment for four weeks now, I wanted to ease myself back into the swing of things by dressing down a little. I also wanted to wear something a little bright and cheerful, to combat any negative feelings I might have about being back on the 9-5 working schedule.

I opted for this daily outfit, which is a bit of my usual ‘Mullet Dressing’ sort of style, but with a sporty twist.  I’m wearing:


Navy pinstriped tailored blazer – Rembrant Sartorial, thrifted
Neon orange windcheater with removable sleeves – H&M Sport
Navy tailored button-down shirt – Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
Brown leather belt - Sportscraft
Riley indigo-wash tapered jeans – G-Star, ebay
Brown leather shoes with buckle detail – Raphael Steffens

I am so impressed with the windcheater. I love the eye-searingly bright neon orange colour, and the fact that 85% of it is made from recycled material helps too. I also love the way that it looks with this outfit, clashing the colours and the high and low end elements. I was worried that I was going to look like I had tried to replicate a High-Vis jumper; but I think it works personally.


No comments:

Post a Comment