Tuesday 30 September 2014

Daily Outfit: Bamboozeled

A few weeks back I (rather aggressively) entered a competition on Instagram for a new Australian company, Bambooz, to win a $150 store credit for their online store.

I really liked the style of the glasses, and the colours, but I wasn't sure how how they would look on me, or feel for that matter, and so I thought that the competition would be the perfect opportunity to experiment with a new style of glasses, without having to fork out for something that may very well not suit me. So, I entered the competition the maximum number of times allowed (five, fyi), and stalked the wesite, trying to decide which style I would purchase with my credit if I won.

And then, of course, I did win, and I chose something completely different.

My Bambooz sunnies were waiting for me when I got home this afternoon, and so I decided to add them to today's daily outfit shots:


Navy pinstriped wool blazer – Rembrandt Sartorial, thriftted
Orange, blue and white checked cotton button-down shirt - Trenery
Navy polyester necktie with white pin-dots – John & Lois, thrifted
Gold-tone tie clip - gift
Brown leather belt - Sportscraft
Taupe whipcord chinos - Trenery
Brown leather shoes with laser-etched pattern – Raphael Steffens

So far I am really pleased with my choice of sunglasses from Bambooz- The blue colour and the shape of these sunnies are not something that I would ordinarily go for, belonging as I do to the Anna Wintour School of Huge Glasses. I really like the mirrored lenses as well, and I think that they suit me. They also fit around my larger-than-average mellon, so that is a plus in and of itself. Plus, they came in an adorable bamboo case that is incredibly well made and stylish to boot.

What do you think? Does this style/colour suit me, or should I stick to my massively over-sized Pradas? I'd love to hear your thoughts, so let me know in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment